What a great turnout on Thursday (49 members and guests). Thanks to all who attended and enjoyed the course at it’s very best, with super-quick greens and beautifully manicured fairway and bunkers.
It was a great shame that we couldn’t network in the usual manner after the golf but as many have said to me “at least we are playing golf again!!”.
Thanks to all of your generosity we raised a whopping £380 for Rosie’s Rainbow Trust from the attendees £10 stake. The winner of the £75 voucher, drawn randomly this morning by my wife Christine, was Heather Last who will receive her voucher shortly via Steven Barker. Congrats to her and many thanks to you and your guests.
So to the results.
Following some adjudication by the secretary (which will not be subject to appeal) and some resulting minor adjustments to the leading scores the winners are as follows
- Nearest the Pin on 18 – Martyn Howie
- Nearest the Pin in 2 on 7 – Mark Mackenzie-Crooks
- Team Winners with 41 points – Chris White and Nigel Bobroff (22 back 9) from Neil Blundy and Michael Trott also with 41 points (21 back 9)
- Guest Winner – Michael Armstrong playing off 2 with a superb 35 points (17 back 9) from Mark Mackenzie-Crooks also on 35 (15 back 9)
- Finally despite the secretaries best efforts to adjudicate otherwise the winner of the coveted Spring Cup was Neil Blundy with 38 points (Cut 2) from Steve Hurworth on 37 (Cut 1).
- Due to the COVID restrictions the Cup will be presented at a later in the year!!
I will be sending vouchers out to all winners shortly. (those for guests will be sent to their member invitee for onward transmission)
Congratulations to you all.
The next event is at Burhill on 26th May 2021. Golf from 1pm. Please put it in the diary!! Full information will be issued next week!!